Wednesday, February 08, 2006

oldish

I turned 35 the other day. Not sure how I feel about that. How is one supposed to feel about getting older? I am one of those people who was always GOING to get my life in order, and EVENTUALLY achieve all of those things I set out to do. Problem is, they kept shifting and changing along the way, and now I am not sure what I wanted to achieve anyway.
I know I would love to go back overseas again one day. That is my dream - and that hasnt changed for about 3 years since I returned. But after having a baby, I have had to rethink the whole thing, and am hanging around for..some reason.
It doesnt help that my baby has grandparents that are obsessed with her. After leading a fairly independent life, I have found that I have this new attachment with my mother ever since I had my baby. My mother just ADORES her, and sometimes I think she even lives for her - even though we dont live in the same town. How can I just up and leave for a few years when I know I will be breaking my mother's heart?
I am sure that after I have accepted the fact that I am another year older, and have moved on from that, i will go back to thinking I have all the time in the world for all those things I am 'going' to do with my life..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home