Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Hip Hip Hooray

This time last year I was in labour. I had received an epidural at about 11pm, and was hoping I would get a few hours rest in before the big entrance. Instead, i was completely upright, as anytime I laid down Little Miss's heartbeat went all over the shop. So, I spent the next, uh, 9 hours staring at the clock.
I have been reflecting alot the past few days. I cant remember not being a mother, even though the year has flown by and my tiny baby has grown so big so quickly.
I dont miss my pre-motherhood days at all. On the very odd occasion I wish I could go out dancing, but then that passes very quickly and I am happy to find the time just to sit in front of the tv in my trackies.
I think now I am really enjoying the changes in my daughter's personality - ie she really has one now. I even laugh at the fact that she is so stubborn - at this age it is cute, but give it another year and I am sure I will not be smiling...
So, in a few hours it will be Happy Birthday to my little girl. The best day of my life. I think I will save the sappy bits, but it's been a journey that I am so glad I made..and it's only just begun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home